Meeting with representatives of the European business community
Addressing to participants of the meeting, the Head of the state stressed that the European countries are vital trade-economic and investment partners of Kazakhstan.
- Over the years of independence, almost USD180 billion of direct investments of Europe was attracted in Kazakhstan. We closely cooperate with the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development which for this time has financed projects to the total sum of more than 7 billion euro, - Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The President of Kazakhstan highlighted that there has also been a steady rise in trade turnover with the European countries over the last years, and noted that there are about 3000 enterprises in our country with participation of the European capital across various sectors.
- Among our large partners are the following companies: Alstom, Linde Group, Air Liquide, Danone, Vicat, Heidelbergcement which successfully work, open modern manufactures, create jobs and get benefits, - the Head of the state said.
In the context to expand sales markets of European products, Nursultan Nazarbayev briefed the businessmen on advantages of Kazakhstan geographical location.
- 5 railway and 6 automobile international routes run through Kazakhstan which connect China and other countries of Asia with Europe through Russia, Caspian Sea and Black Sea, and also Iran and Turkey. Now cargo delivery to Europe from China through Kazakhstan and back is 4 times faster, than by sea, - the President of Kazakhstan said.
The Head of the state highlighted the issues for improvement of the investment climate and creation of favorable conditions for business conducting.
- Kazakhstan is an associated member of the OECD Committee for Investment and has joined the OECD Declaration on International Investment. We have the Council for Foreign Investors under the President where 13 of 33 foreign companies-members are representatives of the Europe. The visa-free regime is available for citizens of 62 countries, including 33 European countries, - Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The Head of the state stressed the importance of implementation of the state program Digital Kazakhstan aimed at the digitization of sectors of the economy and development of innovative ecosystem.
- We have such innovative clusters, as Nazarbayev University and Park of Innovative Technologies. Astana Hub new International Technopark of IT-Start-ups will be launched this year in Astana with necessary infrastructure which will be the centre for attraction of IT-businessmen and investors from all over the world. Participants of the Technopark can benefit from simplified visa and labour regimes, as well as tax privileges, - the President of Kazakhstan said.
In addition, Nursultan Nazarbayev stressed the importance of the European investors’ potential by the entry to IPO of large Kazakhstan companies and cooperation within the framework of public-private partnership.
The President of Kazakhstan told about support measures for farmers within the framework of the state program of agrarian and industrial complex development and emphasized that the basic priorities of this sector are to increase the productivity with introduction of new technologies and processing of agricultural products with its subsequent export.
- We stress the importance of tourism promotion. We have the Concept of Tourism Development. I believe that various landscape, rich culture and history of Kazakhstan and a wide experience of European companies in this sector could bring mutual benefit, - the Head of the state emphasized.
Then, Nursultan Nazarbayev told the participants about the International Center for Development of Green Technologies and Investment Projects which will function on the basis of the EXPO infrastructure and promote implementing the "green" projects in the country and the region.
- Astana International Financial Center has started to work in our capital. Its legal status is enshrined in the Constitutional law, with English as the working language. Participants of AIFC have tax privileges till 50 years, simplified currency, visa and labour regimes. It is the unique center in the region which activities are based on the laws of England. I urge your companies to take part in the work of AIFC, - the President of Kazakhstan said.
In conclusion, the Head of the state expressed confidence that this meeting will strengthen mutually advantageous partnership between the countries, and wished all participants successes, well-being and prosperity